Professional Profile for Prospective LIS Teachers
In assessing teacher qualifications for potential employment at our school the following criteria are considered:
An initial degree in a general or specific subject area. Preference is given to the following academic training:
- Primary School. A teaching degree in elementary/ primary education or a degree in the area of specialization with an education certification. PYP training and experience is preferred
- Secondary School. A degree in the subject area(s), and teacher certification required. MYP and DP training and experience is preferred. Training in a second discipline will be highly regarded.
In addition, the following criteria are also considered:
- At least two years of successful full-time experience at an accredited primary or secondary school.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of subject area and can teach the subject at an appropriate level.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of current best practices in education.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and ability to work with some EAL (or limited English proficiency) students in the regular classroom.
- Communicates effectively and positively as a team member as well as with parents in the community.
- Demonstrates a history of flexibility and adaptability to new situations